Making the Rounds Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 3-D Cruiser Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Cruiser Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add 13 x 9 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 9 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 8 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Straight Spatula
- Craft knife
Bake and cool cake using firm-textured batter. Trim off passenger area of cake. Cut out a 2 1/4 in. wide seating area starting 4 in. from front of cake and extending halfway down from top; cut front of seating area at a diagonal.
Trim off angled bumper and bottom areas of cake to straighten. Ice seating area smooth. Pipe tip 4 zigzag bumper, hood trim and running boards (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 4 dot axles and tip 21 swirl tires.
Tint a 3 in. ball of fondant light gray. Roll out and cut a 1 3/4 x 3 1/2 in. seat; attach with icing. Insert 2 lollipop sticks behind seat, 2 in. apart. Cut two 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 in. seat backs; attach with brushstrokes of water, sandwiching sticks in the center. Reserve remaining gray fondant. Ice section behind seat backs smooth. Cover cart with tip 16 stars. Print tip 3 name.
Tint a small portion of fondant black and cover head of flower nail. Cut away 4 sections to resemble steering wheel and insert nail into cake.
For golf bags, tint 2 in. balls of fondant yellow and blue and shape into logs. Flatten one end and indent with finger at other end to form opening for clubs.
For pockets, roll and cut small ovals; imprint grooves with spatula edge and attach to side of bag with icing. Cut a 1/4 x 2 1/2in. strap; attach. Using reserved gray fondant, roll 1/4 in. balls for club heads; insert on lollipop sticks and shape. Insert clubs in bags.
Insert cookie sticks for roof poles. Cut a 7 x 4 1/2 in. piece of cake board; cover with fondant. Attach roof to sticks with fondant thinned with water.