Making a Confection Connection Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles
- Easy-Add White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Light Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
Cake serves 20
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Circle Add to shopping list Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Circle Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Cutter
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Bake and cool two-layer cake (trim layers to 1 1/2 in. high for a 3 in. high cake). Place on foil-wrapped cake circle. Ice sides smooth with yellow buttercream and ice top with white buttercream. Attach jumbo confetti to cake sides with dots of buttercream. Use buttercream and tip 6 to pipe bead bottom border.
Use Circle Cutter to cut an 8 in. diameter circle from White Sugar Sheets! Use toothpick to mark 16 equal divisions using cake pan as a guide. Use green FoodWriter to draw 16-loop e-motion border on cake top, with a loop at each division mark. Attach to cake top with piping gel. Cut a 5 1/2 in. diameter circle from Light Blue Sugar Sheets! Attach over white circle.
Using Cupcake Pattern and black FoodWriter, trace cupcake base on back side (shiny side) of Light Pink Sugar Sheets! Cut out with scissors. Trace and cut cupcake top from Light Yellow Sugar Sheets! Use pink FoodWriter to draw pleat lines, about 3/8 in. apart.
Using piping gel, attach cupcake pieces to cake. Use piping gel to attach confetti sprinkles from assortment to cupcake top; attach one jumbo sprinkle at the top.