Making Summer Sizzle Cake
Good times explode when cakes convert to firecrackers. Turn Jelly Roll Pan cakes appropriately dazzling with fondant stars and stripes and fuses created from Patriotic Foil Pix.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Blue Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Blue Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add Red Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Red Cake Sparkles™
Each cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Jelly Roll Pan Add to shopping list 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Jelly Roll Pan
- Easy-Add Star Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list Star Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Patriotic Foil Pix® Add to shopping list Patriotic Foil Pix®
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance: Roll out red, white and blue fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 3 white stars using smallest nesting cookie cutter. Cut 2 red and 1 blue stars using 2nd largest nesting cookie cutter.
Let stars dry. Crush Cake Sparkles™ to a finer texture with rolling pin. Brush tops of red and blue stars with water and sprinkle with matching color sparkles.
Bake and cool 3 jelly roll cakes. Fill, roll and prepare each for rolled fondant. Cover cakes with fondant.
Using Cutter/Embosser, cut out 1/2 in. wide strips of red and blue fondant; attach diagonally on each cake, about 1 1/4 in. apart, with damp brush.
Using smallest Cut-Out™, cut approximately 32 red or blue stars for each cake. Attach small stars between strips with damp brush.
Using blue FoodWriter™, write message on white stars. Attach white to large colored stars with buttercream; attach to cakes. Insert Foil Pix® in cake tops.
Position remaining stars around cakes.