Making Hearts Flutter Cake
A cookie Love Bug has landed on a butterfly-shaped cake! Easy-to-do stars, dots and outlines make this a design even beginning decorators can handle.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Black licorice twist and shoestring
Red jelly hearts
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Butterfly Pan Add to shopping list Butterfly Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Nesting Hearts Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Hearts Cutter Set
- 2005 Pattern Book (Love Bug’s Body)Easy-Add 2005 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2005 Pattern Book
- Paring Knife
In advance: Make cookie body and hearts. Cut body using pattern and knife, cut one cookie each using 2nd and 3rd smallest heart cutters. Cut 2nd smallest heart in half to create feet. Bake and cool all cookies. Ice smooth and set aside.
Ice smooth cake sides and top areas where hearts will appear. Imprint bottom corners of wings with smallest heart cutter.
Imprint top corners with 4th smallest cutter then imprint 2nd smallest cutter inside. Outline wings with tip 5; fill in with tip 18 stars; randomly pipe tip 3 dots. Pipe tip 8 ball bottom border.
Cover body cookie with tip 18 stars. Pipe in tip 3 mouth, dot cheeks and bead tongue; add tip 5 ball eyes with tip 3 dot pupils and string eyebrows. Position body on cake.
For arms, insert 3 1?2 in. pieces of twist licorice in cake under cookie and bend to a slight curve (cut a slit if needed to curve). Position cookie heart under arms; add tip 3 dot hands, outline cuffs and tip 2 message.
For legs, attach cookie feet to two full lengths of twist licorice with melted candy. Insert into cake under body.
For antennae, insert 3?4 in. pieces of black shoestring licorice into jelly hearts and insert into head.
**Note: Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red for darkest red color shown.