Magical Transformation Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Butterfly Pan Add to shopping list Butterfly Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add From The Heart Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list From The Heart Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Star Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list Star Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add 13 x 9 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 9 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Waxed paper
- Craft knife
- Paring Knife
Three days in advance: Make fondant fairy princess. Tint portions of fondant as follows: 6 oz. copper, 6 oz. rose. Make princess on waxed paper-covered board. For legs, cut 2 lollipop sticks to 10 3/4 in.; roll two 6 x 1/2 in. wide logs of skin tone fondant and insert on bottom 6 in. of each stick. Taper to shape legs and smooth.
Shape a 5/8 x 1 1/4 x 1/4 in. thick skin tone piece for neck and wrap around uncovered portions of sticks. Roll out skin tone fondant 1/2 in. thick. Cut head using largest round Cut-Out; roll a tiny ball for nose and attach with fondant adhesive.
Cut skin tone strips for arms 3 1/2 x 5/8 in. wide, tapering wrist areas; flatten ends to form hands, cutting finger areas. Attach with fondant adhesive; cut a lollipop stick to 4 in. for wand and shape fingers of right hand around it.
Roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick. For blouse, cut a 2 x 2 1/2 in. long rectangle, tapering to 1 1/2 in. at waistline. Cut out scoop neckline. Attach blouse with fondant adhesive. For skirt, cut a 2 x 5 in. rectangle; form scalloped hemline at long bottom edge using largest crinkled heart cookie cutter.
Form pleats at other long edge; pleated edge will be 1 3/4 in. wide; attach at waistline with fondant adhesive. Cut a 2 x 1/4 in. strip for waistband and roll a 1/8 in. diameter rope for neck trim; attach with damp brush For sleeves, cut 1 3/4 x 4 in. rectangles, then cut with largest crinkled heart cutter. Gather to shape and attach with damp brush. Roll 1/8 in. balls for cheeks; attach with damp brush and flatten.
For wand, cut a rose star using smallest cutter; let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. For crown, cut a 2 x 1 1/4 in. rectangle with craft knife; cut 7 points; let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. For shoes, shape 1/4 x 3/4 in. rose logs; insert on legs, pinching ends to form pointed toes.
Ice butterfly cake smooth. Pipe tip 8 ball bottom border; edge wings with tip 8 outline. Add tip 8 dots on wings. Draw eyes and mouth with black FoodWriter. Position fairy princess. Attach star to wand with fondant adhesive. Pipe tip 5 swirl hair. Position crown.
*Combine Brown and Red-Red for Brown shown.