Magical Castle Cake
A Whimsical Castle Cake Anyone Can Make Abracadabra! Create a mystical, magical castle cake, complete with turrets, windows, a door and even a moat, perfect as an enchanting showpiece at celebrations of all sorts. The versatility of this cake is endless. Whether it´s a haunted castle for Halloween, a princess castle or medieval castle for a child´s birthday party all you need is some imagination and a selection of candies. With the Romantic Castle Cake Set, much of the work of "building" intricate castle parts has been done for you. Start by baking and icing a two-layer cake. Then add the turrets, windows and doors as you like. You can make the castle simple or more complex as you wish. There are plenty of options with all the parts provided in the kit. Then comes the fun part – decorating! Using a variety of colorful gummy candies or your own favorites, accent the castle with goodies. Add a line of gummy bear soldiers defending the castle from the roof and a moat full of multi-hued fish.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing or Buttercream Icing ( 5 cups)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
1 pkg (18.25 ounces) cake mix any flavor
Ingredients to prepare cake mix
Ice cream sugar cones optional
gummy fish and other candies
Cake serves 20.
- Decorator Preferred® Round Pan Set (10 in. pan used)Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Round Pan Set Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Round Pan Set
- Easy-Add 14 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 14 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Romantic Castle Cake Set Add to shopping list Romantic Castle Cake Set
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 10-inch round cake pans with vegetable pan spray.
Prepare cake mix following package instructions using water, oil and eggs. Pour into prepared pan; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
Tape together 3 cake circles; wrap in fanci-foil. Stack cake layers on prepared cake circles, using icing between layers. Tint remaining icing yellow. Spatula ice cake with yellow icing.
Using icing, attach tower peaks or, if desired, ice cream cones to castle turret towers. Attach turret towers to side of cake with icing. Press castle windows, roof peak and door into icing. Tint piping gel blue; spread around cake on cake circle. Decorate cake with candy, as desired, using icing if necessary.