Macramé Fondant Cake
Craft a celebration cake featuring decorations made with the Wilton Fondant & Gum Paste Mold, Macramé Design. Surprisingly easy to do, the cake is covered in Chocolate Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant and the decorations are made with Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant.
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Chocolate Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Chocolate Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 8 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 12 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Macrame Fondant & Gum Paste Mold Add to shopping list Macrame Fondant & Gum Paste Mold
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
Bake and cool two 2-layer cakes. Ice cakes smooth with white buttercream icing. Prepare for stacked construction and fondant covering. Cover cakes with 96 oz. chocolate fondant and stack cakes. Position on foil-wrapped cake board.
Combine 12 oz. chocolate fondant with 24 oz. white fondant. Tint 6 oz. white fondant ivory..
Using light chocolate fondant, mold four diamond/circle chains and 16 lattice/quilted borders. Using ivory fondant, mold 16 large circles. 16 squares, 32 fans and rope border.
Attach fondant pieces to cake with piping gel and decorator brush.