Lush Layers Cake
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serve 370.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan Add to shopping list 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set (8 in. separator plate used)Easy-Add Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set Add to shopping list Crystal-Clear Cake Divider Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rod
- Easy-Add Cake Circle Add to shopping list Cake Circle
- Easy-Add 20 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 20 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Tiered floral centerpiece Add to shopping list Tiered floral centerpiece
- Waxed paper
- Silk Flowers
Tint 36 oz. fondant green, set aside. Prepare 2-layer cakes for rolled fondant; you will combine four 18 in. half rounds, each 2 in. high, to make a 4 in. high cake. Prepare all cakes for stacked construction.
Cover cakes with white fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Position two bottom tiers. Roll out green fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 1/2 x 4 in. strips; attach to cake sides, 1 in. apart, with damp brush. Trim ends of strips even with cake tops. Trace oval pattern on waxed paper; using toothpick, trace oval area on 14 in. cake.
Trim off portions of strips where oval monogram will be positioned. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut oval using pattern. Using toothpick, trace lettering patterns; pipe letters with tip 3. Attach oval to cake with damp brush. Edge oval with tip 3 beads. Roll 1/2 in. diameter balls of green fondant and attach for bottom borders with damp brush.
At reception: Assemble cakes with centerpiece set, placing 8 in. plate on 14 in. cake and a cake circle cut to 5 in. diameter on 6 in. cake for centerpiece to rest on. Position silk flowers.
**Note: The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include top tier.