Love's A Bed of Roses Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 72.
- Heart Pan Set (6, 8, 14 x 2 in. used)Easy-Add Heart Pan Set Add to shopping list Heart Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 46 Add to shopping list Tip: 46
- Easy-Add Tip: 125 Add to shopping list Tip: 125
- Easy-Add Letters & Numbers Gum Paste & Fondant Mold Set Add to shopping list Letters & Numbers Gum Paste & Fondant Mold Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Comfort Grip™ Round Cutter Add to shopping list Comfort Grip™ Round Cutter
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Waxed paper squares Add to shopping list Waxed paper squares
In advance: Using royal icing, make 70 tip 125 roses with tip 12 bases. Let dry. Also: Make center heart plaque. Set aside 1 oz. of white fondant; tint remainder light rose. Roll out rose fondant 1/4 in. thick. Using 6 and 8 in. pans as patterns, cut 1 fondant heart in each size. Let dry on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch. And: Make monogram. Using white and rose fondant, make 2-tone letters following mold directions. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Using royal icing, attach 6 in. heart to 8 in. heart; edge hearts with tip 3 beads and let dry.
Ice 2-layer 14 in. cake smooth in buttercream, with white sides and rose top. For cake side swags, roll out remaining rose fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut circles using cutter; cut in half with paring knife. Starting with front point of cake, attach half-circles to cake sides with buttercream, aligning straight edge with top and ending so that half-circles at front point meet. Pipe tip 46 (smooth side up) bands at swag points and at center of swag, approximately 1 1/2 in. apart, on cake sides. Pipe tip 8 ball bottom border. In royal icing, pipe tip 3 bead garlands at bottom edge and center of fondant swags; let dry. Position roses on cake top. Position heart plaque; attach monogram with fondant adhesive.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more