Lovely Loops Reception Cake
The fondant bow ties everything together on this romantic wedding design. The oval loops are echoed in our scrollwork Candlelight Cake Stand and in the delicate scrolled design on the cake.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
Cake serves 56.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add 14 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate Add to shopping list 14 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set Add to shopping list Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set
- Easy-Add Votive Candlelight Cake Stand Add to shopping list Votive Candlelight Cake Stand
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- 7/8 in. wide violet ribbon (approximately 64 in.)
- Double-stick tape
In advance: Make flowers. Knead 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 3 oz. fondant. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut approximately 115 flowers using apple blossom cutter from Flower Making Set. Place flowers on thick foam and cup centers with rounded end of modeling stick from set. Let dry. Add tip 2 dot centers in royal icing.
Also: Make bow loops. Knead 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 10 oz. fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 15-18 strips, 1 1/4 x 7 in.. Brush ends with Fondant Adhesive and pinch together to form loop. Set on sides on cornstarch-dusted surface and let dry for 2-3 days. Assemble bow following instructions.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Prepare cakes for Stacked Construction, positioning 12 in. cake on 14 in. plate. Cover cakes with fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Assemble cakes. Attach 38 in. of ribbon around bottom border of 12 in. cake, securing with double-stick tape. Repeat for bottom border of 8 in. cake, using 26 in. of ribbon.
Imprint scrolls above ribbon using small c-scroll pattern press, spacing 1/4 in. apart. Cover imprints with tip 3 outline; add tip 3 dot and teardrop design for each scroll. Pipe tip 3 bead bottom borders; attach flowers with dots of icing. Position bow on cake top.
*The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.