Lovely Lamb Cake
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 103 Add to shopping list Tip: 103
- Easy-Add Tip: 124 Add to shopping list Tip: 124
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Circle Perimeter Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Perimeter Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
Several days ahead, use royal icing and Flower Nail No. 7 to make daisies: 35 tip 103 in white with tip 3 yellow dot centers; 18 tip 124 with tip 4 yellow dot centers (6 each rose, violet and white). Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Several days ahead, make the wheelbarrow: Tint cookie dough brown with golden yellow added. Using patterns, cut 2 front/back panels, 2 side panels, 2 supports, and 2 handles. Score wood grain design into dough using end of spatula. Cut 2 wheels using circle cutter; cut 1/4 in. wide strips of dough and position on wheels for spokes and rims. Bake all and cool. Thin brown icing color with a small amount of vanilla extract and paint into wood grain designs. Let cookies dry at least 24 hours on a flat surface. Tint royal icing to match wheelbarrow color and assemble using tip 16: Attach wheels, supports and handles, let dry. Attach side panels to front and back panels. Let dry completely.
Bake and cool lamb cake according to pan directions. Using buttercream, ice smooth 1 in. up from bottom of lamb, ears, eyes and nose. Outline mouth using tip 4. Cover top with tip 16 swirls. Pipe tip 12 mounds of icing around bottom border as a base for grass, extending out from body about 2-2 1/2 in. Cover mounds with tip 13 pull-out stars. Position wheelbarrow over lamb. Attach daisies on and around lamb, securing with dots of icing. Add tip 352 leaves.