Love Triumphant Cake
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Green Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 21.
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Any Anniversary Ivory Couple
- Easy-Add Circle Perimeter Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Perimeter Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
At least 4 days in advance, make 2 recipes of candy clay. After clay has rested for an hour, blot any oily residue with paper towel. Let set at room temperature for 3 hours and then place in sealed plastic bag overnight.
The next day, knead clay until smooth, then roll out on work surface dusted with confectioners' sugar. Roll clay thin and use perimeter cutter to cut 25 circles. Press top half edge of circle with finger to soften and thin edge. Shape into petal by pinching bottom to taper end. Dust ball pan with cornstarch and set petals in pan to dry.
For center area of flower, lay 3 petals together, overlapping ends (couple will stand inside). Shape and let dry.
Make 6 full-bloom (7-petal) candy clay roses and 12 medium-bloom (5-petal) candy clay roses. Let dry on board covered with waxed paper.
Make 9 candy leaves by painting backs of washed lemon leaves with melted green Candy Melts®. Set leaves into Ball Pan and freeze 5 minutes until set. Peel leaf from candy. Make extras to allow for breakage and set aside.
Ice 1-layer cakes smooth and prepare for stacked construction. Pipe tip 2 cornelli lace on 12 in. tier. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders on both cakes. Attach petals and leaves to cake top with icing. Attach roses to cake base with icing. Position ornament.