Lovable Lion Cake
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- store-bought cookies 2 1/2 in. round
- 14 ounce pkg coconut Shredded
- Chocolate nougat candy
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Soccer Ball Pan Add to shopping list Soccer Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add 14 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 14 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Waxed paper
- Sharp Knife
- Resealable plastic bag
In advance, place 14 oz. of shredded coconut in plastic bag; add Brown/Red-Red icing combination and knead until coconut is completely covered; let dry on waxed paper.
Bake and cool cake. Position on 14 in. foil-covered cake circle. Spatula ice cake and use tip 12 to build up icing for nose. Roll out chocolate nougat candy to a 1 x 1 1/2 in. oval and position on cake for nose.
For ears, cut 1/4 in. off bottom ends of two cookies; ice smooth. Roll marshmallow flat with rolling pin and cut into 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 in. ovals; trim 1/4 in. off bottoms and position for inside of ears on cookies.
For whites of eyes, roll marshmallows flat and cut into ovals; position on cake. Use tip 6 tip pipe pupils, muzzle and whisker spots. Position coconut around cake for mane.
Position 2 lollipop sticks for each ear support, leaving 1 1/2 in. extended; attach ears.
Note: Combine Brown and Red-Red for brown shade used to tint coconut "mane".