Looking Very Hot! Cake
Hot times ahead for summer desserts! The main cake is made using the Soccer Ball Pan and the rays and shades are made from cookie dough. Just decorate with buttercream and the party is on!
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Orange Colored Sugar
Cake serves 12; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Soccer Ball Pan Add to shopping list Soccer Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 18 in. round cardboard
- Paring Knife
Use knife to cut 11 each large and small sunray cookies and 1 sunglasses cookie using knife. Bake and cool.
Position soccer ball cake in center of foil-covered board. Trace mouth pattern with toothpick. Outline and pipe in with tip 4 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Build up nose and cheeks with tip 1A ball; cover cake with tip 18 stars.
Decorate sunglasses cookie. Outline and pipe in lenses with tip 4 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline sunglasses frames with tip 12.
Position on cake. Outline sunrays with tip 6; sprinkle outlines with orange sugar. Position sunray cookies around cake.
Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shade shown. Tint cookie dough yellow. Roll out dough and trace sunray and sunglasses patterns.