Looking Smart Cupcake
Cute cupcakes conjure up the beaming faces that crossed the stage to pick up diplomas. Decorating is a breeze, with fondant mortarboards and buttercream features.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Graduation Themed Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Graduation Themed Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
Several days in advance: Make mortarboards. Mix a 1 1/2 in. ball of white fondant with 1/2 pack of blue fondant. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex each to 3 in. balls of blue and white fondant. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut squares using largest Cut-Out. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted boards.
Ice cupcakes smooth. Pipe tip 3 dot eyes, pupils, nose and cheeks (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline and pipe in tip 3 mouth. Pipe tip 2 bead tongue. Add tip 3 swirl hair.
Attach mortarboard with icing. For tassel, roll out yellow fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a 1 1/2 x 1 in. rectangle; cut slits 1/2 in. deep on one long side. Roll up to form tassel; shape a rounded top just above fringe. For cord, cut a strip 1/4 x 2 in. long; press tassel on cord. Attach to mortarboard with damp brush. Roll a 1/4 in. fondant ball for button and attach to top with damp brush.
*Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown.