Long on Birthday Fun Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Sugar ice cream cone
- blue candy-coated chocolates
Cakes serve 18; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Set Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan Set
- Easy-Add First and Ten Football Pan Add to shopping list First and Ten Football Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 8 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Angled Spatula
- 1/2 in. thick foamcore board
*Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown. Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown. Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
In advance: Prepare base board using 1/2 sports ball and football pans with neck and leg patterns for size. Cut to fit and wrap with foil.
Bake and cool 1/2 sports ball cake, football cake, mini ball cake. Trim 1/2 in. off bottom of mini ball cake where neck will attach, 1 1/2 in. off each pointed side of football cake to round for body. Prepare cookie dough and roll out. Using patterns, cut 3 necks, 4 legs and 2 ears; bake and cool. Attach lollipop sticks to upper back side of 2 legs and to backs of ears with melted candy. Sandwich 3 neck cookies together with melted candy. On base board, assemble giraffe by arranging football cake body, cookie neck, 1/2 sports ball cake head, mini ball cake muzzle and 2 cookie legs (without sticks). Attach pieces together with icing.
Using tip 3, pipe in nose and mouth. Using spatula, ice inner ears smooth. Cover spots, muzzle, hooves and giraffe's body and head with tip 16 stars. Cover cookie legs on sticks and edge of ear cookies with tip 16 stars; insert into cake. Tint fondant violet, blue, orange and green. For hat, cut ice cream cone to 4 1/2 in. Brush cone lightly with piping gel. Roll out violet fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut a 4 1/2 x 6 in. strip; wrap around cone, trim to fit. For fringe, roll out green fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 2 1/2 x 3/4 in. wide strip; cut slits on one long edge and roll up. Attach to tip of hat with melted candy. Cut fringe for bottom of hat as above, using a 5 1/2 x 3/4 in. wide strip; attach. Add 2-3 rows of fringe as needed. Cut number for age; attach to hat with damp brush. For 2 horns, roll out sky blue fondant 1/8 in. thick; wrap around 1 1/2 in. of lollipop stick. Roll 3/4 in. ball and insert on stick. Attach hat and candy-coated chocolate dot eyes with icing. Insert horns. For tail, roll a rope of fondant 1/2 x 5 1/2 in. long; attach. Roll out orange fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut fringe same as for top of hat. Attach with damp brush.