Lively Leprechaun Cake
Decorate a Lively Leprechaun cake for St. Patrick’s Day. Legend has it that if you catch this wily elf, he has to reveal the location of his pot of gold (and now wouldn’t that be nice!).
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Shamrock Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Shamrock Icing Decorations
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Animal Crackers Pan Add to shopping list Animal Crackers Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
Roll out dough. Cut out pattern; bake and cool hat cookie. Outline hat using tip 3 and full-strength royal icing. Thin icing and fill in hat with tip 3; let dry. When completely dry, use tip 3 to outline and pipe-in hat band and buckle; attach shamrock icing decorations. Set aside.
Bake and cool cake. Trim off ears; reserve. Outline facial features with tip 3. Cover face with tip 16 stars. Build up nose with additional tip 16 stars. Pipe tip 16 swirls for hair and beard. Position hat on head supporting with reserved cake pieces.