Little Formalities Mini Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (24 oz. makes 4 cakes)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
One sheet cake makes 9-12 cakes; each serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Letters & Numbers Gum Paste & Fondant Mold Set Add to shopping list Letters & Numbers Gum Paste & Fondant Mold Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
At least 1 day in advance: Make bow loops. Tint 1 oz. fondant rose for each cake. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Using straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser, cut a 1/2 x 3 in. long strip for each loop. Press ends together and let dry overnight on sides on cornstarch-dusted board. For knot, cut a 1/2 x 1 3/4 in. long rose strip; wrap around ends of 2 loops, then brush strip ends with water. Pinch ends together to secure. Reserve remaining rose fondant for cake top.
Bake 1-layer sheet cake. Cut cake into 3 in. squares. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant. For each cake, tint 4 oz. fondant black. Cover cakes with black fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out white and rose fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a 2 3/4 in. white square and a 2 3/8 in. rose square. Attach white, then rose square to cake with damp brush.
Using narrow end of tip 4, punch out black fondant dots; attach to bow loops with damp brush. Attach bow to cake with thinned fondant adhesive. Follow package directions for molding monogram letter using black and white fondant. Attach letter with damp brush.