Linked by Love Cake
The message is clear on this charming cake. Creatively decorated with heart cookies and Two Rings Topper, this cake is a heart-felt addition to a shower celebration.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Premium White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Premium White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cake serves 24. Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Two Rings Topper Add to shopping list Two Rings Topper
- Easy-Add Fancy Scrolls Cake Stand Add to shopping list Fancy Scrolls Cake Stand
- Easy-Add Heart Nesting Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Heart Nesting Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
In advance: Prepare dough and roll out. Cut cookies using Nesting Cutters (2 each of smallest and 3rd largest, 1 each all other sizes). Bake and cool. Outline and fill in using tip 3 and Color Flow Icing. Let dry 48 hours.
Spatula ice 2-layer cake. Pipe tip 18 shell bottom border. Attach lollipop sticks to back of cookies using melted candy. For cookies on cake sides, cut sticks to 2 1/2 in. and attach to back of cookie at a 90º angle. Write message with FoodWriter™ marker.
At reception: Position cake on stand. Position topper and insert cookies, trimming sticks as needed.
Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or topper. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure topper to the plate with double-stick craft tape.