Linked Forever Cake
Using our punch and cutting insert, flower chains made from Sugar Sheets! are the perfect link to a sweet anniversary celebration.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add White Sugar Pearls Add to shopping list White Sugar Pearls
Cake serves 24
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Border Punch Set Add to shopping list Border Punch Set
- Easy-Add Flower Chain Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Flower Chain Border Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
Bake and cool one-layer cake. Place on foil-wrapped cake board cut to fit. Ice smooth with rose buttercream.
With FoodWriter, trace heart pattern on back side (shiny side) of White Sugar Sheets! Use Rotary Cutter to cut out heart; attach to cake top using piping gel.
Using Rotary Cutter, cut 21 strips, 4 long x 1 1/4 in. wide, from Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! Use border punch with Flower Chain Border Cutting Insert to cut 21 chains of four flowers each. Starting with the point of the heart, attach 16 chains, about 1 1/2 in. apart, over cake top and down sides.
Cut apart remaining chains and attach single flowers at bottom to finish chain, trimming as needed.
Attach sugar pearl to each flower center using piping gel. Using FoodWriter and cutters from set, trace numbers on back side (shiny side) of Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! Cut out with scissors; attach with piping gel.
Use rotary cutter to cut 16 strips, 4 1/2 long x 1/4 in. wide, from White Sugar Sheets! Attach between flowers, trimming ends as needed.