Lily Legend Cake
It’s a striking contrast of colors, as white calla lilies ascend to the top of green fondant tiers. What a great feeling to know that your Gum Paste and Fondant Course experience makes amazing cakes like this possible!
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Green Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 40 for parties, 52 for weddings.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Calla Lily Former Add to shopping list Calla Lily Former
- Calla Lily Cutter
- Easy-Add Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Wave Flower Former Add to shopping list Wave Flower Former
- Foam squares
- Modeling tool
- Ball tool
- Veining tool
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
In advance: make 10 white gum paste calla lilies with yellow centers following instructions from Gum Paste and Fondant Course. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Also: Make blossoms and leaves. Tint a portion of gum paste green. Roll out green gum paste less than 1/16 in. thick. Cut 15 leaves using medium Cut-Out. Roll out white gum paste 1/8 in. thick. Cut 15 blossoms using small blossom cutter from Stepsaving Set. Let leaves and flowers dry on cornstarch-dusted boards.
Bake and cool 1-layer 10 in. and 2-layer 6 in. cakes. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant by icing lightly with buttercream. Prepare cakes for Stacked Construction, with 6 in. cake positioned 1 in. from edge of 10 in. cake.
Tint 42 oz. fondant green. Cover cakes; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Pipe tip 7 bead bottom borders. Chill cakes before attaching trims. Mix melted green candy with a little white to match color of leaves. Attach flowers and leaves with melted candy.