Light Up the Party Cake
When baby turns one, he’s ready to Light Up the Party! This colorful cake will capture everyone’s attention with fondant streamers, stars and a happy candle flame. Could also be used to celebrate a first anniversary or #1 ranking!
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add #1 Pan Add to shopping list #1 Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Star Cut-Outs™ large and medium usedEasy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Sharp Knife
In advance, make fondant curls, stars and candle flame. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Gum-Tex to each red, blue, green and yellow fondant. Roll out each color fondant 1/16 in. thick.
Cut flame pattern in yellow fondant with knife. Cut three large and two medium Star Cut-Outs™ in yellow fondant. Cut remainder of fondant in 1/8 in. strips and wind around lollipop sticks to form curls. Let all fondant pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
When pieces are completely dry, draw facial features on candle flame with black FoodWriter™. Attach cookie stick to back of flame and lollipop sticks to backs of stars with thinned fondant adhesive.
Bake and cool cake. Ice top and sides smooth. Use tip 3 to outline candle on cake top; cover with tip 16 light and dark violet stars. Overpipe tip 5 light violet stripes on candle. Pipe tip 18 shell bottom border in white. Position stars, flame and curls on cake.
*Note: Combine Violet and Rose for violet shown.