Layette On ’Em! Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add People Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list People Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Gingerbread Boy Metal Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Gingerbread Boy Metal Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add 12 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
In advance: Make fondant baby (click on technique above). Make approximately 80 fondant buttons. Roll 3/8 in. diameter balls of pastel fondant. Flatten and indent center with end of dowel rod. Imprint button holes with narrow end of tip 1. Let dry.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for stacked construction. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant. Cover cakes with fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Divide 6 in. cake in 4ths and 10 in. cake in 6ths. For clotheslines, roll out yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser, cut 1/8 in. wide strips for clothesline; attach at division points, 1 in. deep. For bows, cut 1/8 x 4 in. long yellow strips; form loops and move tails to opposite sides. Attach bows with damp brush; attach a small ball at center.
For clothes, roll out pastel fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut booties using shoe Cut-Out; trim off ends. Cut cap using smallest round Cut-Out; trim off bottom. Cut T-shirt using shirt Cut-Out; trim bottom to shorten and cut neckline with small round Cut-Out. Cut 1-piece outfit using shirt Cut-Out; cut neck and leg lines with small round Cut-Out. Cut bib using wide end of tip 1A; cut neckline with narrow end.
Attach clothes to clothesline with damp brush. For clothespins, cut thin pieces of copper fondant and attach. For bottom borders, roll a 3/8 in. diameter white rope; attach with damp brush. Attach buttons with buttercream. Add buttercream dots, outlines and scallop details to clothes with tip 1. Insert baby in cake top.