Lavish Gifts Cake
Squares prove to be as gifted in sophisticated settings as more gracefully-curved shapes. The lines of this package design are softened by the scalloped and scrolled ribbons and a fluffy top bow of rolled fondant.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 148.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Metal Circle Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Metal Circle Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Pasta wheel
- Hot Glue Gun
Several days in advance, make bow and base using 1 package rolled fondant: Roll out fondant 1/4 in. thick and cut circle base with cookie cutter; let dry. Make bow loops: use pasta wheel to cut out rolled fondant strips. Cut 20 strips 1 in. wide and 8 in. long; cut 20 strips 1/2 in. wide and 6 in. long. Fold strips in half, pinching open ends together; turn on sides and let dry on surface dusted with cornstarch.
Using remaining fondant, roll out and cut strips for package ribbons: Use pasta wheel to cut 1/2 in. wide "scalloped" strips; use craft knife to cut 1 1/2 and 1 in. wide strips. Position strips on cakes, weaving over and under other strips across cake top. Pipe tip 1 scrolls in one direction only on 1 and 1 1/2 in. strips; add tip 1 dots and edge with tip 1 scallops.
Attach fondant bow loops to round fondant base with melted candy in cut disposable bag; let set. At reception: stack cakes off-center and position bow on top.
*Note: The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
**Note: Store in a dark place before reception to avoid fading.