Lattice & Rosettes Cake
Simple techniques are all you need for this lovely cake: dots, lines, rosettes, leaves and shells…the first techniques a cake decorator learns!
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
light corn syrup
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add SweetHeart Pan Add to shopping list SweetHeart Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Make 4 3/4 cups of buttercream icing: Tint 2 1/4 cups light rose (thin with 2 tablespoons light corn syrup). Tint 3/4 cup dark rose. Tint 1/4 cup green. Reserve 1 1/2 cups white.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. high layers to make a 3 in. high cake). Ice smooth in light rose. Mark 1 1/2 in. from top edge and trace heart shape for lattice with toothpick. Pipe tip 5 lattice heart. Pipe tip 18 rosettes in dark rose around edge of lattice. Add tip 352 leaves. Pipe tip 21 shell bottom border. Add tip 3 dots.