Lady Liberty Mini Cake
These scrumptious statues are made using round cookies, Mini Wonder Mold cakes, and candy shapes. Place a group of these treats at the center of your BBQ buffet for an ideal patriotic treat.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Mini Wonder Mold Pan Add to shopping list Mini Wonder Mold Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Snack Time Candy Mold Add to shopping list Snack Time Candy Mold
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rod
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
For head, tint cookie dough copper, roll out and cut with 2 in. round cutter; bake and cool. For torch, tint candy gray (with a small amount of black candy color) and mold ice cream cone from candy mold; refrigerate until firm, unmold. For book, pour melted gray candy into 2 in. round cutter; refrigerate until firm. Pop candy out from cutter and use knife to cut a 1 x 1 1/3 in. rectangle; set aside.
Insert a 3 in. length of wooden dowel rod in wonder mold cake for right arm. Ice cake smooth. Tint fondant light blue, wrap around dowel rod arm. Cut two 6 x 4 in. pieces of blue fondant for robe; gather in accordion shape and attach to body, one piece in front, the other in back. Cut a 5 x 4 in. piece of blue fondant, round off one side, gather as above and attach over robe with damp brush. Roll out a 3 in. long x 1/2 in. diameter piece of fondant for arm holding book; attach book to arm with melted candy. Attach arm to robe with damp brush, wrapping around back. Attach candy torch to other arm with melted candy. Pipe tip 4 dot hands and fingers on both arms. Spatula stripe decorating bag with yellow, red and orange icing and pipe tip 16 pull-out star flames on torch. Pipe tip 2 dot eyes, pupils, nose and string mouth. Pipe tip 4 outline ears. For spikes on hat, tint fondant light blue; cut 6 triangles, 3/4 in. high and let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Attach hat spikes to back of cookie with melted candy. Pipe tip 4 string hair. Attach lollipop stick to back of cookie with melted candy and insert into top of body.
*Brand confectionary coating.