Lady Bug Pan
Lady Bug Mallow Cake
- butter or margarine softened
- granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- mini marshmallows
- Easy-Add Red (no-taste) Icing Color Add to shopping list Red (no-taste) Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Decorator White Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Decorator White Icing
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Chocolate Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Chocolate Decorator Icing
Cake serves 12.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Continue beating one minute. Stir in marshmallows. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Turn out onto cooling rack; cool completely.
Tint chocolate icing black. Reserve 1/4 cup white icing white; tint remaining red. Smooth ice eyes black and white; smooth ice antennae, feet and cheeks black. Pipe Tip #3 white mouth. Cover remainder of cake in Tip #16 stars.
Substitute yellow cake mix for homemade. Add 1/2 cup mini marshmallows before pouring batter into baking pan.
When cake is cooled, spray with Red and Black Color Mist. Hint: Use paper or cardboard pieces to shield red sections when spraying the black Color Mist.
Use purple, white and red spice drops to create the ladybug eyes, antennae, and mouth. Use small pieces of thin licorice for eyelashes.