Lady Bug Easter Egg
Here is one bug that is welcome at every springtime and Easter celebration—because, after all, she is a lady…bug! With Wilton Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant, it’s easy to decorate all your hard-cooked eggs with fun shapes and bright colors.
- Hard Cooked Eggs
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (1 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Each egg serves one
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
Step 1Color egg a deep pink shade as shown using red icing color; let dry.
Step 2Reserve 3/8 in. ball white fondant for mouth and eyes.
Step 3Attach all fondant pieces to egg using brush and piping gel.
Step 4Tint 1 in. ball of fondant black for each egg. Roll out to 1/16 in. thickness. Cut out medium size circle using round Cut-Out. Attach to egg for face.
Step 5Draw line down back with black FoodWriter edible color marker. Let dry.
Step 6Cut out ten dots using narrow opening of tip 12. Attach to egg.
Step 7Roll black fondant into six 3/8 in. balls. Attach to bottom of egg for legs.
Step 8Use two 1/8 in. balls black fondant for antennae. Roll into logs 3/4 in. long x 1/16 in. thick. Curve one end and attach.
Step 9Roll out white fondant to 1/16 in. thickness and cut two eyes using narrow end of tip 10. Draw eyes with black FoodWriter edible color marker. Let dry and attach.
Step 10Use 1/4 in. white fondant ball for mouth. Roll into long 1 in. long x 1/8 in, thick and attach.
1 Reviews by the community
0 Questions by the community