Kiss the Messenger Cake
There’ll be plenty of love to go around with this Valentine’s Day treat! The 3-D bear cake is an impressive 9 in. tall and each cookie he’s holding is about 3 x 4 in.!
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Chocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Chocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cake serves 12; cookies each serve 1.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Heart Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Heart Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 55 Add to shopping list Tip: 55
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 8 in. Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Spatula
- Waxed paper
Roll out dough; cut, bake and cool heart cookies. Place on cooling grid positioned over cookie sheet. Cover cookies with thinned color flow icing. Let excess icing drain off for approximately 5 minutes then transfer cookies to waxed paper-covered board to dry completely. Use full-strength color flow icing in parchment bag fitted with tip 55 to print message on cookies; let dry. (Note: If using buttercream icing to print message on cookies, add just before serving as buttercream will bleed into color flow icing.)
Bake and cool cake. Trim off arms and tummy area of bear. Ice pads of feet and inside of ears smooth with spatula. Use tip 4 to pipe in eyes, nose and to outline mouth. Cover remainder of bear with tip 21 stars in chocolate icing. Position cookie in bear's hand and overpipe tip 2A arms and hands; cover arms and hands with tip 21 stars. Position remaining cookies.
Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red colors to achieve shade used.