Jolly Jack-0-Lantern 3-D Cake
- Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Red-Red Icing Color (Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown)Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Golden Yellow Icing Color (Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown)Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Large Pumpkin Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Large Pumpkin Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 1D Add to shopping list Tip: 1D
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Plastic ruler
- 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set (veining tool used)Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter (medium used)Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
Bake and cool cake according to package directions. Prepare buttercream icing and tint orange.
Make pumpkin. Use spatula and orange icing to ice top of bottom half of cake. Attach top half of cake to bottom.
Use smooth side up of tip 1D to pipe curves on pumpkin. Smooth with spatula.
Tint fondant 1 1/2 oz. brown, 1 oz. green and 2 oz. yellow.
Make stem. Roll a brown fondant log, 2 in. long x 3/4 in. thick. Mold stem of pumpkin and bend slightly to resemble stem. Use veining tool from set to make lines. Place stem on top of pumpkin, attaching with buttercream icing.
Make leaves. Brush cornstarch into leaf of pan. Make a small ball of green fondant and press in pan to form leaf. Peel leaf out with knife. Repeat for each size leaf in pan. Attach leaves to cake with piping gel.
Create facial features. Roll yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use medium round Cut-Out to cut two circles for eyes. Attach to cake with piping gel.
Cut a triangle, 1 in., for nose; attach with piping gel.
Cut mouth, 1 1/4 in. high x 5 1/2 in. long. Cut random square sections for teeth. Attach to cake with piping gel.
Roll out remaining brown fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use wide end of tip 2A to cut two circles for pupils. Attach to eyes with piping gel.
Make curlicues. Cut two brown fondant strips, 4 in. long x 1/8 in. wide x 1/16 in. thick. Wrap strips around lollipop sticks. Let set for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from sticks and place on top of cake with piping gel.