Mini Jack-O-Lantern Candy
Pumpkin-shaped mini cakes give this guy a big, goofy head! The body, arms and legs are built using marshmallows and spice drops.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Primary Candy Colors Set (orange used)Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Favorite cake recipe or mix
Green, purple spice drops
Each serves 1.
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Silicone Mini Jack-O-Lantern Mold Add to shopping list Silicone Mini Jack-O-Lantern Mold
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- 4 Lollipop Sticks (4 in. each)Easy-Add Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Paring Knife
Bake and cool Mini Jack-O-Lantern cake. To make arms and legs, cut 4 lollipop sticks to 2 1/2 in. lengths. Make a small slit in side of mini marshmallows (half way through) and wrap 3 around each stick for arm and leg. Note: Leave ends of lollipop sticks exposed to accommodate hands and feet. Insert arms and legs into large marshmallow for body. Trim facial features off Jack-O-Lantern cake; insert lollipop stick into bottom and then into large marshmallow "body".
Place Jack-O-Lantern body on cooling grid positioned over cookie sheet. Melt candy according to package directions and tint orange. Pour candy over Jack-O-Lantern. Refrigerate Jack-O-Lantern until set.
Roll green and purple spice drops on surface sprinkled with granulated sugar. Cut hands and feet shape from green spice drops with paring knife and position on body. Cut bow tie shape from purple spice drops and attach at neck with melted candy. Attach green spice drop for pumpkin stem with melted candy.
Pipe whites of eyes with tip 4 and royal icing (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 3 to pipe in eye pupils (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch), nose, tooth and outline mouth.