It's Tee-Off Time Cake
Get your foursome together…It’s Tee Off Time! A trio of loaf cakes are assembled and decorated with rolled fondant for this winning design you might serve at tournaments, birthday parties or on Father’s (or Mother’s) Day!
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Firm cake mix such as pound cake
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 9 x 5 in. Loaf Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 5 in. Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Mini Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Hand Perimeter Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Hand Perimeter Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
At least 2 to 3 days ahead of time, make the following:
Club shafts: Thin a small amount of fondant with water to a glue-like consistency and use to attach foil to dowel rods. Set aside to dry.
Club Heads: Knead 1 pk. fondant and roll 3/4 in. thick. Cut irons and woods from white fondant. Reserve leftover fondant. Smooth and shape edges; insert dowel rods into club heads. Let dry 24 hours. Tint reserved fondant as follows: For red club head covers, tint two 1 1/2 in. balls; For golden yellow flag, tint 1 in. ball; for golden yellow/brown putter, tint one 1 in. ball. Lightly brush club heads with water to secure fondant. Roll out and cover irons and woods with appropriate color fondant; smooth and trim excess. Press and smooth a small amount of fondant where shaft meets club head. Score grooves on putter with small veining tool. Let dry at least 24 hours.
Flag: Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut out flag pattern. Brush water on 1/4 in. of fondant and wrap this portion around dowel rod. Let dry on dowel rods dusted with cornstarch to achieve waving motion.
Tees: Shape 1/2 in. balls of fondant into a teardrop; flatten one end and taper the other. Use large ball confectionery tool to cup inside top of tee. Set aside to dry.
Golf Balls: Roll two 1 in. balls of white fondant and make indentations with end of decorator brush dipped in cornstarch. If fondant is sticky, knead in a little cornstarch to help dry it out. Set aside to dry.
Bake loaf and two mini loaves with firm cake batter such as pound cake. Ice loaf cake, building up to achieve the soft look of leather when covered with fondant. Attach 1 full-sized mini loaf; trim 1 1/2 in. from second mini loaf and attach. Ice cakes smooth and sculpt to form pockets.
Tint 3/4 of other fondant pk. green. Cover bottom of bag with green fondant; trim off excess. Cover remainder of bag and smooth all areas with Easy-Glide Smoothers. Tint 2/3 of remaining fondant tan using ivory and brown colors. Roll out and cut two 12 x 1 in. pieces for horizontal trim and one 7 x 3/4 in. piece for vertical trim. Attach all pieces with brush dipped in water. Cut bag flap; attach to side pocket of bag with water. For tee holders, roll 1/4 in. diameter x 3 in. long piece; attach with water and shape. Roll one 3/8 in. diameter x 4 in. piece and one 3/8 in. diameter x 3 in. piece for top and side straps; shape, attach with water and press ends with veiner tool to secure. Roll remaining fondant and cut glove with cookie cutter. Use small veining tool to make ventilation holes on glove; cut and attach 1/4 in. x 1 1/4 in. piece of red fondant for glove strap. Roll and cut 1 1/2 in. x 6 in. towel; imprint terry cloth effect with end of tip 16; fold over side strap.
Pipe tip 2 bag stitching, pipe tip 3 zipper. Pipe tip 3 zipper. Pipe tip 2 zigzags and pull-out fringe on towel. Position clubs and flag in cake. Pipe tip 233 pull-out pompoms on cover; add tip 3 ties on cover openings. Print tip 3 numbers on flag and covers. Position putter, golf balls and tees.