It's Santa Season! Cake
Turn an oval cake into the man of the season with the help of fondant accessories. Just follow the patterns and made a fun face, beard, hat, brim and pompom. Kids will just love creating this happy fellow.
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
Creamy Peach Icing Color (for skin tone shown)Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 15.
- Oval Pan Set (13.5 x 9.8 in. used)Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
2 days in advance: Make fondant hat and ears. Add 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex to 25 oz. fondant. Tint 15 oz. red and 2 oz. light peach; reserve 8 oz. white. Roll out colors 1/8 in. thick. Using patterns and knife, cut hat, brim, pompom and ears. Let all dry on cornstarch-dusted cake board. Reserve remaining red fondant.
Prepare 1-layer oval cake for rolled fondant. Tint 36 oz. fondant light peach. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cover cake; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out approximately 24 oz. white fondant and cover wide end of cake, ending about 10 in. from bottom edge. Trim with knife using beard edge pattern; smooth with Fondant Smoother. For eyes, tint 1 oz. fondant brown; roll two 1/2 in. diameter balls, flatten and attach with damp brush.
For mouth and nose, use reserved red fondant. Roll 1/4 x 1 1/2 in. long log for mouth and a 1 1/2 in. x 1 in. oval for nose; attach pieces. Using white fondant, roll two 1/4 x 8 in. long ropes for mustache and a 1/4 x 20 in. long rope for beard; attach. Attach hat pieces with dots of icing. Trim two lollipop sticks to 3 in. and insert on each side of head, extending 1 in. Attach ears to sticks with icing.
*Combine Christmas Red with Red-Red for red shown. Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.