Inspired Inscription Cake
Inspired Inscription cake offers a spiritual design to serve at Christening, Communion or Confirmation parties. Book Pan is used to bake the shape; rolled fondant is used to make the cut-out details.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add Book Pan Add to shopping list Book Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Cake Boards (2 needed)Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Pastry Brush Add to shopping list Pastry Brush
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Italic Make-Any-Message Press Set Add to shopping list Italic Make-Any-Message Press Set
- Easy-Add Decorating Comb Add to shopping list Decorating Comb
At least 1 day in advance: Using pan as pattern, cut cake base from double-thick cake boards, making base 1 in. larger than pan on all sides. Wrap base with foil and lightly brush with piping gel. Tint 24 oz. fondant blue; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cover board with fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Ice cake top smooth in blue and sides 1/2 in. thick in white buttercream. Comb sides with small-tooth edge of comb.
For page borders, roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 1/2 in. wide strips and position around page edges.
For center binding, cut 1 in. wide fondant strip; position at center.
For message and chalice areas, cut two 8 x 4 1/2 in. wide fondant rectangles; position at center of each page. Cut chalice and host using trophy and smallest round cutters from set; trim handles from trophy and position on cake.
Using tip 1, outline chalice base and print letters on host. Add tip 2 scrolls and dots on chalice. Imprint message on right page using message press; outline with tip 2.
For background of both pages, pipe tip 2 scrolls with tip 349 leaves. Pipe tip 7 ball bottom border.