Initial Announcement Cake and Cupcakes
Proudly display the wedded couple’s monogram while serving trendy cupcakes at the reception. When stacked together on the Towering Tiers Cake and Dessert Stand, the cake and cupcakes make quite an impression!
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Sugar Pearls Sprinkles Add to shopping list Sugar Pearls Sprinkles
Your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe
Your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe (6 cups needed)
Serves 51. Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Towering Tiers Cake Stand Add to shopping list Towering Tiers Cake Stand
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add White Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list White Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Kit Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Kit
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Paring Knife
Two days in advance, make fondant decorations. Tint 16 oz. fondant rose and add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex.
Monogram: Roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick fondant and cut out letter. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted cake board. Attach lollipop sticks to back of letter using thinned fondant adhesive, leaving 3 in. of stick extending at bottom. Let dry.
Flowers: You will need 54 flowers. Roll fondant 1/16 in. thick; cut 5 large rose petals and a round using the large open end of tip 4 for each. Slightly ruffle edges of petals using stick on thin foam. Attach petals to round using damp brush. Roll a small ball of white fondant for center and attach. Dry in flower forming cups. Dust with white pearl dust when dry.
Bake 2-layer 3-in high cake, 23 yellow and 28 chocolate cupcakes. Position cake on foil-covered board.
Ice cake lightly in buttercream and cover in fondant.
Using rose buttercream icing, pipe tip 4 bead bottom border around cake. Pipe tip 2A white buttercream icing swirls on cupcake tops. Attach sugar pearls.
At Reception: Assemble Towering Tiers Cake and Dessert Stand following assembly instructions in package, using 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 in. plates. Arrange cupcakes on stand; attach flowers to stand and cupcakes. Position cake on top of tier. Insert monogram in cake top and attach flowers using dots of icing. Cake is saved for first anniversary.