Imperial Presence Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (462 oz.)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake Serves 200 **
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 16 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 16 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Monogram Topper Add to shopping list Monogram Topper
- 4 in. Fillable Pillars (2 pks.)Easy-Add 4 in. Fillable Pillars Add to shopping list 4 in. Fillable Pillars
- Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates (2 needed, 10 in. size)Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates
- Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates (2 needed, 14 in. size)Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
- 20 x 20 x 1/2 in. foamcore or plywood board
- 4 in. high square box or container
3 days in advance: Make fondant trims. Tint 40 oz. light violet, 138 oz. dark violet. Roll out 1/8 in. thick (unless otherwise specified) as needed; reserve remaining tinted fondant. Prepare 4 in. high square box by covering with waxed paper and dusting with cornstarch. Add 1 tablespoon Gum-Tex to 20 oz. of prepared light violet fondant. Roll out to 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut 8 triangles; cut extras to allow for breakage. Position over edge of box with top 1 3/4 in. laying flat and remainder hanging down. Let dry 2 days. Use pattern and toothpick to transfer design to triangles. Use royal icing to cover marks with tip 2 outlines. Let dry.
Make 8 each small, medium and large ribbon swags. Tape small, medium and large patterns to boards; cover with waxed paper and dust with cornstarch. Add 2 tablespoons Gum-Tex to 36 oz. of prepared dark violet fondant. Roll out to 1/16 in. thick as needed. Make 8 small swags; For each, cut 4 strips, 1 x 6 in. wide. Fold each strip to 1/2 x 6 in. Attach in overlapping layers (folded edges on top) using damp brush. Place over small pattern to shape curve; let dry. Repeat using 1 x 8 in. strips for 8 medium swags and 1 x 10 in. strips for 8 large swags. Let dry.
Make 12 cameos. Cut base using largest oval Cut-Out. Cut top using medium oval Cut-Out; attach using damp brush. Pipe royal icing tip 2 ball border. Let dry.
Still in advance: Cover base board with fondant. Reserve remaining fondant.
Finally in advance: Prepare monogrammed ornament following package directions.
Roll out reserved light violet fondant 1/8 in. thick. For borders, cut 1 1/4 in. high strips; use damp brush to attach around base of cakes, trimming ends as needed. For base board, use patterns to cut 4 each middle and corner triangles. Attach to base board with damp brush. Use patterns and toothpick to transfer designs onto borders and base board triangles.
At reception: Stack cakes on pillars. Attach draped triangles to plates with royal icing. Position ornament.†
* Combine Violet with Rose for light and dark violet shown.
† Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or topper. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.