Ice Skate Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
light corn syrup
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Skate Pan Add to shopping list Skate Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
We suggest that you tint all icing at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icing in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 4 3/4 cups buttercream icing:
• Tint 3 cups light royal blue (thin 2 cups with 2 teaspoons light corn syrup)
• Tint 1/4 cup royal blue
• Tint 1 1/4 cups black
• Tint 1/4 cup gray
Decorate in Order:
Trace pan shape on cake board. Cut board and wrap with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Position cake on board.
Level cake by trimming off support bar and raised portion of wheels.
Ice sides and background areas smooth with thinned light blue icing.
Ice tongue of skate smooth with black icing.
Use tip 4 to outline tongue of skate with black icing.
Use tip 6 to pipe laces with black icing.
Use tip 4 to pipe in heel support with black icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 6 to pipe gray dots on skate. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 4 to outline lightning bolt in blue icing. Use tip 16 to fill in with stars in blue icing.
Use tip 16 to cover top and sides of skate with stars with black icing.
Use tip 21 to add shell bottom border in light blue icing.
Cut skate blade out of cake board and cover with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Blade measures 10 in. wide x 2 in. high, with 1 in. wide supports. Position on cake.