Ice Cream Sundae Cake
Ice Cream Sundae Cake has true Neapolitan flair! Each cake tier is covered with scoops of ice cream you top with fudge sauce, whipped cream and a cherry. This ala mode dessert can be made with smaller cakes or fewer tiers for fewer servings.
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations
- Easy-Add Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix Add to shopping list Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix
Fudge sauce topping
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1/2 gallon strawberry ice cream
1 gallon chocolate ice cream
Cake serves 103.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 32 Add to shopping list Tip: 32
- Easy-Add Icing Comb Set Add to shopping list Icing Comb Set
- Easy-Add Crystal-Look Separator Plates Add to shopping list Crystal-Look Separator Plates
- Easy-Add Crystal-Look Spiked Pillars Add to shopping list Crystal-Look Spiked Pillars
- Easy-Add 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Soft Colors Corkscrew Candles Add to shopping list Soft Colors Corkscrew Candles
- Easy-Add Professional Turntable Add to shopping list Professional Turntable
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Ice Cream Scoop 2 - 2 1/4 in. diameterEasy-Add Ice Cream Scoop Add to shopping list Ice Cream Scoop
In advance, scoop ice cream balls and freeze. Drain and dry maraschino cherries; set aside.
Ice 2-layer, 3 in. high cakes smooth, icing sides 1/2 in. thick, and prepare for push-in pillar construction. Place each cake on turntable; comb sides with Icing Sculptor, using pink blades, curved side out. Pipe tip 18 rosette bottom borders.
Shortly before serving, place frozen ice cream balls on cakes. Using a cut disposable bag, pipe fudge sauce over ice cream and top edge of cake, flowing down sides. Pipe tip 32 rosette in whipped topping on each scoop. Position cherries on scoops for 10 and 14 in. cakes; position candles on scoops for 6 in. cake. Sprinkle scoops with rainbow jimmies.
You may also use the Dessert Whipper Pro with its classic whipped cream recipe for rosettes; use tulip tip included to decorate.