Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
For a cool summer treat, make some Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies. The cookies and the ice cream centers are cut using a shaped cookie cutter. Wrap completed sandwiches in plastic wrap and keep in freezer for snack-time!
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles
vanilla ice cream
Each ice cream sandwich serves 1.
*brand confectionery coating
Tint dough with a combination of Lemon Yellow and Brown to create ice cream cone color. Roll out dough and cut 2 ice cream cone cookies for each sandwich needed.
Using spatula, score lattice pattern on half the cookies; bake. While cookies are still warm, imprint score lines again.
Tint melted candy peach (light orange) using Primary Colors Set and green and pink using Garden Colors Set.
Using spatula, cover top of scored cones with melted candy; add nonpareils. Refrigerate until firm.
Let vanilla ice cream soften, spread approximately 3/4 in. thick in cookie sheet.
Place cookie sheet in freezer to harden, cut ice cream cone shapes with cookie cutter.
Sandwich ice cream between two cookies. Keep frozen until ready to serve.