Ice Castle Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Rock candy
Cake serves 83.
- Easy-Add Romantic Castle Cake Set Add to shopping list Romantic Castle Cake Set
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Pastry Brush Add to shopping list Pastry Brush
- Craft knife
- Zip-close sandwich bags
In advance: Tint sugar for tower peaks, door and window frames. For peaks, combine 8 oz. sparkling sugar with rose icing color in sandwich bag; seal bag and rub between hands to evenly tint sugar.
For frames, combine 4 oz. sugar with violet and rose icing colors and tint as above. Set aside. Prepare towers to insert in cake.
To make 1 large, 4 medium and 4 small towers which will be inserted in cake more stable, attach plastic dowel rods, cut 1 in. shorter than height of cake, to bottom of towers. Stand tower upside down; attach cut dowel rod to base with melted candy. Refrigerate until firm.
Ice towers and peaks smooth in buttercream; immediately press white sugar on towers and rose sugar on peaks. Pipe a tip 3 line of icing around door and window pieces; immediately press violet sugar on lines. Let all dry.
Prepare 2-layer round cakes for
stacked construction; prepare cakes for
rolled fondant. Tint 72 oz. fondant blue; cover cake and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out 48 oz. fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut an 18 in. diameter circle for overlay. Position 14 in. round pan or cake circle at center of circle; cut 14 in. piece with craft knife, making random drifts on edge, 1 1/2 in. deep.
Position on 14 in. cake; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Thin piping gel with water and brush on overlay and 8 in. cake; immediately press white sugar on surface. Roll 1/2 in. balls of blue fondant and attach for bottom border with damp brush.
Mark and cut holes for 1 large and 2 medium towers on 8 in. cake top. Position 8 in. cake on 14 in. cake; insert door on front. On 14 in. cake, mark and cut holes for 2 small towers in front, 2 medium towers on side and 2 small towers in back. Insert all towers. Attach windows and position rock candy.