Ice Castle Cake
A dusting of Sparkling Sugar gives your Ice Castle cake its frosty finish. Romantic Castle Cake Set provides the towers and turrets, door and windows that make this majestic design suitable for your royal family!
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 83.
- Easy-Add Romantic Castle Cake Set Add to shopping list Romantic Castle Cake Set
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Pastry Brush Add to shopping list Pastry Brush
- Craft knife
- Zip-close sandwich bags
In advance: Tint sugar for tower peaks, door and window frames. For peaks, combine 8 oz. sparkling sugar with rose icing color in sandwich bag; seal bag and rub between hands to evenly tint sugar.
For frames, combine 4 oz. sugar with violet and rose icing colors and tint as above. Set aside. Prepare towers to insert in cake.
To make 1 large, 4 medium and 4 small towers which will be inserted in cake more stable, attach plastic dowel rods, cut 1 in. shorter than height of cake, to bottom of towers. Stand tower upside down; attach cut dowel rod to base with melted candy. Refrigerate until firm.
Ice towers and peaks smooth in buttercream; immediately press white sugar on towers and rose sugar on peaks. Pipe a tip 3 line of icing around door and window pieces; immediately press violet sugar on lines. Let all dry.
Prepare 2-layer round cakes for
stacked construction; prepare cakes for
rolled fondant. Tint 72 oz. fondant blue; cover cake and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out 48 oz. fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut an 18 in. diameter circle for overlay. Position 14 in. round pan or cake circle at center of circle; cut 14 in. piece with craft knife, making random drifts on edge, 1 1/2 in. deep.
Position on 14 in. cake; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Thin piping gel with water and brush on overlay and 8 in. cake; immediately press white sugar on surface. Roll 1/2 in. balls of blue fondant and attach for bottom border with damp brush.
Mark and cut holes for 1 large and 2 medium towers on 8 in. cake top. Position 8 in. cake on 14 in. cake; insert door on front. On 14 in. cake, mark and cut holes for 2 small towers in front, 2 medium towers on side and 2 small towers in back. Insert all towers. Attach windows and position rock candy.