Hutch Host Mini Cake
Single-serve, stand-up mini cakes are the right size to house your molded candy bunny. The Hutch Host decorations are made using Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant from the Pastel Colors Multi Pack.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Each cake serves 1.
Prepare cake for fondant covering by icing lightly in buttercream icing. Tint a portion of fondant violet. Roll out pink fondant and cover cake. Attach fondant pieces to eggs using damp brush.
Roll out violet fondant and cut a 1 1/4 in. wide x 1 3/4 in. high door, round off the top. Attach. Roll a thin yellow fondant rope and attach around door. Roll out white fondant and cut out windows 1/2 in. x 3/4 in. Attach; roll thin yellow fondant rope and attach around windows.
Roll small balls of green fondant, press tightly together and attach below windows. Cut six 3/4 in. x 1/4 in. rectangles from violet fondant, notch one long side on each and attach to windows as curtains.
Cut a strip of green fondant 1/2 in. wide, fringe one edge, attach in 3 rows to bottom of egg. Roll a 4 in. long x 3/4 in. diameter log of violet fondant, attach to top of egg for roof peak.
Melt candy, mold bunny in white candy. Refrigerate, unmold and add 2 dot eyes using Lt. Cocoa candy in a cut parchment bag. Attach to door using melted candy.