Hunting Birdies Cake
Pay tribute to your favorite guy’s favorite hobby with a couple of rounds that form a high-rise golf course. Fairways and landscaping are cut with Rolled Fondant, while our Golfer Bobbling Topper conquers the course.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Golfer Bobbling Topper Add to shopping list Golfer Bobbling Topper
- Easy-Add 12 in. Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 12 in. Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 6 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Paring Knife
- Red Construction paper
- Blue Construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Cellophane Tape
A few hours in advance: Make fondant trees and flags for cake sides. For trees, add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to primary green fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick and cut 22 triangles in various heights from 1 in. to 1 1/2 in. high and from 1 in. to 1 1/4 in. wide.
Cut slits for branches; let dry until firm on cornstarch-dusted surface. For flags on cake sides, add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to primary yellow, blue and red. Cut 15 flags using pattern; let dry until firm on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Prepare 24 oz. pastel green fondant and 72 oz. pastel blue fondant. Prepare 2-layer cakes for stacked construction. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant; cover cakes with pastel blue fondant and smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother.
Roll out pastel green fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut wavy strips for hills in various heights from 1 1/4 to 2 1/2 in. and lengths from 10 to 12 in. Attach 1 group of hills for background with damp brush; attach 2nd group for foreground. Add more strips as needed.
Attach side flags and trees to cake with damp brush; trim flag poles as needed. Draw holes with black FoodWriter. Trace Cake Top Flag pattern on construction paper; cut out flags and write message with black FoodWriter. Tape flags to sticks and insert in cake top. Position topper.
*For Pastel Blue use Royal Blue with a touch of Black. For Pastel Green, use Moss Green with a touch of Leaf Green.