Hugs and Kisses All Around Cake
Perfect for a February wedding! Hugs and kisses are represented by the fondant Xs and Os that circle this tiered cake. The hearts show their love for each other.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 294.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 18 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 18 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Nesting Hearts Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Hearts Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Classic Couple Topper Add to shopping list Classic Couple Topper
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rod
- 20 in. square x 1/2 in. thick foamcore board
- 1/2 in. wide Pink ribbon (80 inches needed)
- Double-stick tape
- Waxed paper
- Small paring knife
In advance: Make cake top heart, cake side hearts, X's and O's. Add 2 tsp. of Gum-Tex to 24 oz. of fondant. Tint 12 oz. fondant light rose and 12 oz. dark rose. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. In light rose, cut 20 each X's and O's using cutters from set. In dark rose, cut 36 cake side hearts using 2 1/2 in. heart from nesting set. Using cake top heart pattern cut heart from dark rose fondant. Make extras of all fondant pieces to allow for breakage; let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Attach cookie stick to back of cake top heart with melted candy; let dry.
Bake three 12 x 18 in. cakes. Also bake 2-layer 6, 10 and 14 in. cakes (bake two 1 1/2 in. high layers to create 3 in. high cakes). For bottom 18 in. square cake, position one 18 x 12 in. layer on foil-wrapped foamcore board. Cut a second 18 x 12 in. layer into two 18 x 6 in. halves. Position one half cake against 18 x 12 in. layer on board for an 18 in. square; repeat for top 18 in. layer, so that seams are perpendicular to each other. Ice all cakes smooth and prepare for stacked construction. Pipe tip 18 shell bottom borders. Attach X's and O's to sides of 6 and 14 in. cakes and hearts to sides of 10 and 18 in. cakes with buttercream.
At reception: Insert cake top heart. Position ornament.
** Attach ribbon to cake base using double-stick tape.
**The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include top tier.
**Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.