How Pirates Party Cake
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gold Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Gold Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Bronze Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Bronze Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Gold Foil-covered Chocolate Coins
granulated brown sugar
Cake serves 45.
- 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan (need 2 cakes)Easy-Add 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add 17 1/4 x 11 1/2 in. Recipe Right® Cookie/Jelly Roll Pan Add to shopping list 17 1/4 x 11 1/2 in. Recipe Right® Cookie/Jelly Roll Pan
- Easy-Add Petite Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Petite Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add White Pearl Beading (6mm) Add to shopping list White Pearl Beading (6mm)
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Fine point marker
- Waxed paper
In advance: Prepare candy chest pieces. Melt and combine the Light Cocoa and White candy and make 2 candy plaques each in 9 x 13 in. and Non-Stick Jelly Roll pans, each 1/4 in. deep. Refrigerate until firm; unmold and turn over 9 x 13 in. plaques. Bring to room temperature and cut the Jelly Roll plaques into 2 in. wide strips, 2-9 in. and 2-13 in. long. Attach the strips to the backside of 9 x 13 in. plaques at inside edges, using melted candy to create 1 box for lid and 1 box to top cake and hold candy. For lid, ice the outside top and sides of one candy box using royal icing. Let dry.
Also: Using melted yellow candy, mold gold bars 1 in. deep in Petite Loaf Pan. Refrigerate until firm; unmold and brush with Gold Pearl Dust. Cut 2 lollipop sticks to 9 1/2 in. Brush with Golden Yellow icing color, then with Gold Pearl Dust. Let dry on waxed paper-covered board.
Make a copy of Treasure Map pattern and trim to size. Write message on map with marker. Brush map edges with Bronze Pearl Dust. Roll up ends around a dowel rod to curl.
Bake and cool two 9 x 13 in. sheet cakes; prepare for Stacked Construction. Ice smooth in chocolate buttercream.
Stack one candy box on cake top, open side up, and ice cake and candy sides smooth.
For chest trim, tint 36 oz. fondant Golden Yellow. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 36 in. wide strips in lengths to fit height and width of box and lid sides. Use patterns to cut Top and Bottom Lock Plates, 2 Handles, and 16 Corner Plates. Use wide opening of tips 1A and 12 and both openings of tip 2A to cut circle trims. Cut a 1 x 1/2 in. rectangle for keyhole plate. Using a knife, cut out a triangle shape and use tip 12 to cut top hole. Tint a small piece of fondant black and attach to back of keyhole plate with damp brush. Attach circles and half circles with damp brush. Brush all trim with Gold Pearl Dust.
Attach fondant pieces to chest with icing. Fill treasure chest with gold bars, chocolate coins, rock candy and pearl beading. Position lid on cake top. Attach lollipop sticks to lid with melted candy for support. Pipe melted candy along lid and chest seam to secure. Ice edge of cake board and immediately sprinkle with granulated brown sugar.
Position treasure map.
*Combine Black, Brown and Red-Red for brown icing shown.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more