How Does Her Garden Grow? Cake
Stand-Up Cuddly Bear cake asks, “How Does Her Garden Grow?” Now she’s outside to plant more flowers with her hoe and sun-blocking bonnet. (For black areas, start with chocolate icing so less icing color will be needed.)
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Angel Food Singles™ Mold Add to shopping list Angel Food Singles™ Mold
- Easy-Add Tip: 1B Add to shopping list Tip: 1B
- Easy-Add Tip: 1E Add to shopping list Tip: 1E
- Easy-Add Tip: 2F Add to shopping list Tip: 2F
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rod
- 2001 Pattern Book Hoe PatternEasy-Add 2001 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2001 Pattern Book
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rod
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 12 in. Round Cake Boards Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 8 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Angled Spatula
- 7 1/2 in. round straw hat
- Craft glue
- Thin white cardboard
In advance use royal icing to make the following: 7 tip 1E blue drop flowers, 9 tip 2F yellow drop flowers, 8 tip 1B rose drop flowers. Add tip 3 dot centers. Let dry.
To make hoe, trace pattern on thin white cardboard; cover with foil. Attach to wooden dowel rod with icing.
To make basket: invert angel food cake and ice smooth on top with spatula. Use serrated edge of tip 47 to pipe basket weave around sides. Mound additional icing on top and position flowers; add tip 352 leaves. Set aside.
Trim right arm off bear. Cut plastic dowel rod to 3 1/2 in. length and insert into right arm area. Using tip 8, fill-in area below apron and smooth with spatula; pipe vertical zigzags and build up middle area of bear to resemble skirt and apron. Use spatula to smooth lines on apron. Cover bodice and skirt of dress with tip 16 stars.
Pipe tip 6 straps on apron. Build up paw on right arm using spatula.
Position hoe in arm; build up right paw with tip 6 and cover with tip 18 stars. Pipe tip 6 eyes, nose and mouth (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Smooth bottoms of feet and inside of ears with spatula. Cover bear with tip 18 stars. Using tip 3, pipe zigzags around waistband of apron and string eyelashes.
Attach flowers to hat with icing and position on bear's head. Add tip 233 pull-out grass on foil-covered cake board; position basket and flowers.