House with a Spirited View Cake
Pre-Baked, Pre-Assembled Halloween Cookie House is one House with a Spirited View! The sheet cake “cemetery” is inhabited by cookie ghosts that float among the cookie tombstones and pumpkin decorations.
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black FoodWriter™ Edible Color Marker Add to shopping list Black FoodWriter™ Edible Color Marker
- Easy-Add Black Tube Decorating Icing Add to shopping list Black Tube Decorating Icing
1 pkg (18.25 ounces) cake mix any flavor
flaked coconut tinted green
Ingredients to prepare cake mix
- Easy-Add Smiling Pumpkin Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Smiling Pumpkin Icing Decorations
Cake serves 12. Makes 3 dozen 3 inch cookies.
- Easy-Add Pre-Baked and Pre-Assembled Halloween Cookie House Kit Add to shopping list Pre-Baked and Pre-Assembled Halloween Cookie House Kit
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 8 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Angled Spatula
For Halloween House, set up house and prepare icing mixes following instructions included in kit. Spatula ice roof smooth with orange icing. Pipe zigzags on peaks and eaves; attach candy pieces. Outline windows and pipe in curtains; add candy pieces. Pipe zigzag outline for door; attach candy pieces. Outline and fill in door window; attach candy doorknob with icing. Pipe spider web outlines on larger sections of roof. Set aside to dry.
For cake, prepare single layer 13 x 9-inch cake following package instructions; cool completely. Place cooled cake on foil-wrapped cake board.
Tint icing green; spatula ice cake. Position cookies on cake. Scatter coconut on cake; add icing decorations. Position decorated haunted house with board next to cake.
Make cookie dough. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls. On floured surface, roll out each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Dip ghost and tombstone cookie cutters in flour before each use. Cut out cookies and place on ungreased cookie sheet; bake 6 to 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet on cooling grid 2 minutes; remove from sheet and cool completely.
Position ghost cookies on cooling grid; cover with white cookie icing. Let dry. Use marker to add facial features. Add black icing outline and messages to tombstone cookies. Attach cookies to lollipop sticks with melted candy.
Notes: A favorite 2-layer cake recipe can be substituted for cake mix, if desired.
To tint coconut green, place in resealable plastic bag and add small amount of leaf green icing color; close bag and knead color into coconut until blended evenly.
Substitute 2 tubes (16 ounces each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough for homemade cookie dough. Follow instructions for cutout cookies.