Hot Chocolate! Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Malted milk balls
Cake Serves 118 **
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Heart Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list Heart Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 14 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate Add to shopping list 14 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
- 4 in. diameter bowl or craft block
In advance: Make candy heart. Set 3rd largest heart cutter inside 6 in. heart pan. Pour in melted Candy Melts between cutter and pan sides, to 1/4 in. deep. Tap to settle then chill until firm. Cut Cookie Stick to 6 1/2 in. long and attach to back with melted candy, leaving excess at bottom to insert into cake. Let set.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes; trim 1 layer to 2 in. high to make 5 in. high cakes. Ice smooth and prepare for Stacked Construction but do not stack. Set each cake on a slightly smaller cake pan or bowl to elevate. Cut waxed paper strips: a 5 x 19 in. strip for 6 in. tier, two 5 x 13 in. strips for 8 in. tier, two 5 x 16 in. strips for 10 in. cake, two 5 x 19 in. strips for 12 in. cake.
Using melted candy in cut parchment bag, pipe random circles and swirls over and beyond edge of waxed paper strip (work with 1 strip at a time). Let set briefly then wrap around cake sides paper side out, pressing to transfer candy to icing. Chill until set then carefully remove waxed paper. If using plywood or foamcore board, wrap with foil. Stack cakes. Attach malted milk balls with icing for bottom borders.
At reception: Insert candy heart.
** The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.