Honor Roll Scroll Graduation Cake
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Hexagon Pan Set Add to shopping list Hexagon Pan Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Confectionery Tool Set Add to shopping list Confectionery Tool Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Triple-thick sturdy cardboard
In advance: Make fondant cap, scroll and curls. For cap, tint 16 oz. fondant dark brown combined with a little red-red. Roll out 1/8 in. thick, trace pattern with toothpick and cut out. For scroll, roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick, trace pattern and cut out. Cut a 3/4 in. wide dark brown strip for ribbon and attach with damp brush. Using veiner tool from Confectionery Tool Set, score line on cap and folds on scroll. For tassel, tint 2 oz. fondant light brown and make a 1/8 x 2 in. long rope. For fringe, cut a 1 x 1 1/2 in. rectangle, then cut thin slits, stopping 1/8 in. from edge. Wrap fringe around rope. Attach to cap with damp brush. For button, roll a 1/4 in. dark brown ball; flatten and attach with damp brush. Reserve all leftover dark brown fondant for cake stripes and board. Let cap and scroll dry on cornstarch-dusted board. When dry, attach lollipop stick to back with melted candy, leave 3 in. at bottom to insert in cake. Let set. To make approximately 72 curls (see below), add 3 teaspoons of Gum-Tex to 48 oz. of white fondant; knead well.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for stacked construction; prepare for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cakes with fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. For striped side panels, make colors as follows: for light brown, combine a 1 in. ball of dark brown with 10 oz. of white fondant; for medium brown, combine a 1 1/2 in. ball of dark brown with 8 oz. of white fondant. To make stripes, cut panels to match hexagon side measurements, and alternating 1/8 in. wide dark brown strips with 1/4 in. wide medium and light brown strips. Attach to cake with damp brush, trimming to fit as needed and using Smoother to blend seams. Use excess fondant to make additional colored fondant if needed.
Cut a triple-thick cake board to accommodate cake with a bottom layer of curls. Add white fondant to reserved brown fondant to make approximately 48 oz. of medium brown. Cover prepared board with fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Position cakes; attach curls with melted candy. Insert cap and position scroll.
Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut approximately 72 strips, 1 x 7 in. Roll strips in loose curls, leaving flat surfaces open and giving some longer uncurled tails. Let dry on side, on cornstarch-dusted board. Curls will be attached to cake and board with melted candy.
*Brand confectionery coating.