Holiday Triple Play Cakes
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Each cake serves 5.
- Oval Pan Set (7 3/4 x 5 5/8 in. used)Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Waxed paper
Prepare 1-layer cakes for rolled fondant. Tint 36 oz. fondant light green; divide 18 oz. fondant into 5 portions and tint bright green, red, blue and black. Reserve 6 oz. white. Cover cakes with light green; smooth with Fondant Smoother and position on foil-wrapped cake boards. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut snowman bodies using medium round cutter and heads using small round cutter from set. Using small cutter, cut a 1/4 in. curve at top of body to accommodate head. Position snowmen on cakes.
For details, roll out fondant colors 1/8 in. thick. Using patterns, cut clothes for all snowmen. Cut 1/2 in. nose, 3/4 in. mouth and 3/4 x 1/8 in. arms for all. Use narrow end of tip 8 to cut eyes for all. For Top Hat Snowman, use narrow end of tip 9 to cut dots for vest and scallop edge at bottom of vest. Cut a 1/4 x 1 in. strip for top of scarf; roll and flatten a 1/4 in. ball for knot. For Stocking Cap Snowman, use narrow end of tip 8 to cut vest buttons, tip 5 for boot buttons. With knife, cut a 1/4 x 1 1/2 in. strip for top of scarf, roll and flatten 1/4 in. balls for knot and hat pompom. Cut a 1 3/4 x 1/8 in. strip for broomstick and a 5/8 in. wide half-oval for bristles. For Earmuffs Snowman, cut a 2 x 1/8 in. strip for earmuff band. Roll and flatten small balls for pant legs and earmuffs; score earmuff edges with knife. For scarf, cut 3/8 in. wide strips of red and green and position side by side; roll lightly to join pieces. Cut a 1/4 x 1 1/2 in. section for top and 1/4 x 2 in. sections for tails. Attach all pieces using damp brush. Roll 1/2 in. fondant balls for bottom borders; attach with damp brush.