Fondant Ribbon Cut…
Holiday Happiness Cake
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Favorite cake recipe or 2-layer cake mix
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother optionalEasy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Cake Dividing Set optionalEasy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Paring Knife
- Tissue paper
Several days before decorating cake:
Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to each packet of red and green fondant in Multi-Packs. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Make 8 red bow strips using zigzag cutting wheels and 1/2 in. spacers from Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set.
Cut 1 strip approximately 4-1/2 in. long, cut the remaining strips approximately 6-1/2 in. long. Cut 8 green strips about 1/4 in. wide; attach to red strips with damp brush.
Shape center and loops, sealing ends, if necessary, with a little water; trim off corners of bow loops to form an outward "V" shape. Allow loops to dry on cornstarch dusted surface, supporting with crushed tissue inside.
Make red, green and white curliques. Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick on surface lightly dusted with cornstarch. Cut into thin strips. Loosely wrap strips several times around a dowel rod to form curls. Let set 5 to 10 minutes. Slide curl off dowel rod and let dry. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool a 2-layer 9-inch round cake. Stack cooled cake layers on foil-covered cake board. Prepare for fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Reserve 2 in. ball of white fondant for circles; tint remaining fondant light green. Cover cake; smooth.
Roll out reserved red fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 8 in. long ribbon strips, using Ribbon Cutter/Embosser wheels as for loops. Roll out reserved green fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 1/4 in. wide strips; attach to red strips with damp brush. Divide cake into 8ths; attach strips at cake divisions with damp brush. Trim off excess.
Roll out reserved white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using smallest round cut-out, cut circles. Attach between ribbon strips with damp brush. Attach bow loops and curliques to cake top fondant adhesive. Attach center loop with fondant adhesive. Allow to dry.